Thursday 20 September 2007

Eric Trevorrow

One of only two Ballymena players to be named Ulster Footballer of the Year, Scottish-born Eric Trevorrow had a long and successful Irish League career…

Name: Eric Trevorrow
Born: Glasgow (Scotland)
Position: Right-Back

Representative Honours: Irish League: 10 Caps (1950-1953).
Club Honours (with Ballymena) Irish Cup Winner 1957/58, Runner-Up 1950/51, 1958/59; Co. Antrim Shield Winner 1947/48, 1950/51, Runner-Up 1953/54; Festival of Britain Cup Winner 1952.
Awards: Ulster Footballer of the Year 1952.

Club Career:
Parkhead Juniors (Scottish Junior Football); Ballymena United.

Biography:
To follow.

8 comments:

Louis Shields said...

I was lucky enough to be a pupil at the Boys' Model school during Eric Trevorrows time there. I found him to be a very good teacher and still an excellent footballer. I remember around 1965/66 Eric could hit either post or the cross bar from 20 yards at a whim.

Unknown said...

Eric Trevorrow is my uncle - was he the coach of
the N.Ireland under 21team?

Unknown said...

Eric Trevorrow is my uncle-lovely man. Was he the N.Ireland under 21 coach in the mid sixties?

jcd said...

Hi Patricia,
I don't have any record of him being involved in coaching in the NI U21 set-up. Possibly coached one of the other junior teams. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything.
- Jonny

Unknown said...

Your uncle coached me at the Boys Model school in 1971..He got me a tryout with Glasgow Celtics..He taught woodwork..I played football .Haa Great man.great coach

Trevor Mcgregor said...

Eric coached us at under 15 and senior year to both Irish schools cup finals which we won under his leadership at the Boys Model School

Trevor Mcgregor said...

Eric coached us at the Boys Model School to win the under 15 and the next year to win the senior Irish Schools cup finals

Anonymous said...

I count Eric Trevorrow as the finest player ever to have come out of Scotland to Irish league football.I used to I’m regularly on Market Road as I made my way to Ballymena Academy.He was a real hero to me.I subsequently met him when I was in charge of Lisburn District school’s football and Eric was one of the coaches in the Schoolboy International setup.He was teaching in either Orangefield or Boys Model.I particularly remember a benefit match for someone and Huddersfield Town was the opposition .Eric was markingVic Metcslfe who was the England International left winger.Eric never gave him a kick -what a player.