Thursday, 20 September 2007

Eric Trevorrow

One of only two Ballymena players to be named Ulster Footballer of the Year, Scottish-born Eric Trevorrow had a long and successful Irish League career…

Name: Eric Trevorrow
Born: Glasgow (Scotland)
Position: Right-Back

Representative Honours: Irish League: 10 Caps (1950-1953).
Club Honours (with Ballymena) Irish Cup Winner 1957/58, Runner-Up 1950/51, 1958/59; Co. Antrim Shield Winner 1947/48, 1950/51, Runner-Up 1953/54; Festival of Britain Cup Winner 1952.
Awards: Ulster Footballer of the Year 1952.

Club Career:
Parkhead Juniors (Scottish Junior Football); Ballymena United.

Biography:
To follow.

3 comments:

Louis Shields said...

I was lucky enough to be a pupil at the Boys' Model school during Eric Trevorrows time there. I found him to be a very good teacher and still an excellent footballer. I remember around 1965/66 Eric could hit either post or the cross bar from 20 yards at a whim.

Patricia Tyzack said...

Eric Trevorrow is my uncle - was he the coach of
the N.Ireland under 21team?

jcd said...

Hi Patricia,
I don't have any record of him being involved in coaching in the NI U21 set-up. Possibly coached one of the other junior teams. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything.
- Jonny